Official Rules - Farmer's Fridge Free Fridge Contest
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The “Farmer’s Fridge Free Fridge Contest” (the “Contest”) is being organized by Romaine Empire, Inc. (d/b/a Farmer’s Fridge) (“Sponsor”). The Contest will begin at 10:00 AM CDT on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 and will end at 11:59 PM CDT on Sunday, May 15, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). Enter the Contest by providing your first name and last name, a valid email address, the name and address of the location you wish to nominate as a potential winner of the Contest (including street, unit number if applicable, city, state, and ZIP code) (the “Location”), and a brief written statement about why you think your chosen Location should win a Free Fridge on Farmer’s Fridge’s Free Fridge Contest website (the “Site”).
Alternative Means of Entry. As a free, alternative means of entry, you may mail us a postage paid letter addressed as follows with your first name and last name, a valid email address, and the Location name and address (including street, unit number, city, and state):
2000 W. Fulton St., Suite F-310, Chicago, IL 60612
Attn: Free Fridge Contest
Your letter must be postmarked by the last day of the Contest period and must be received by us by Thursday, May 19, 2022.
Limit of one (1) entry per person per Contest Period (regardless of means of entry). Persons who submit a valid entry shall be referred to herein as “Entrants.”
Entrants may not enter with multiple entries. Any Entrant who attempts to enter with multiple entries under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any entry or prize won, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Should multiple users of the same email account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said email account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
Sponsor and affiliates are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, unclear, incomplete, misdirected, or ineligible entries which will be disqualified or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. The computer clock of Sponsor is the official timekeeping device of the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States aged 18 years or older except employees of Sponsor and affiliated companies, advertising agencies, and promotional partners, and relatives of and those living in the same household as such employees. For the purpose of this Contest, relatives are defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children, and grandchildren. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
To be eligible to receive a prize in the Contest, a Location must be a place of business (including locations with nonprofit organizations) where at least twenty-five (25) individuals will have regular access to the Free Fridge unit. Buildings that are solely residential buildings, whether single-family or multi-family, are not eligible to receive a prize in the Contest. Buildings that are mixed-use (i.e., a combination of residential and commercial/nonprofit) are eligible so long as the commercial/nonprofit portion of the building alone meets the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
Winning Locations are solely responsible for any applicable federal and state taxes associated with a prize and may be required to submit or receive tax documents to or from Sponsor in order to claim their prize.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: On Thursday, May 19, 2022, Sponsor or its designated judges (whose decisions are final) will tally all eligible entries to determine one (1) grand prize winning Location and four (4) second place prize winning Locations. The Location that receives the largest number of Entrants will win the grand prize, which will consist of one (1) “Free Fridge” to be installed and operated by Sponsor for 1 month at the Location with the most Contest Entrants. The Locations that receive the second-, third-, fourth-, and fifth-largest number of Entrants will receive the second place prize, which will consist of one (1) Free Fridge per Location installed and operated by Sponsor for 1 week. All Entrants who entered the contest for the 5 winning Locations will be notified that they may have won a prize in this Contest via email. If no winners at a winning Location are able to be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by Sponsor (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) or the Contest communication is rejected or returned as undeliverable, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all eligible entries. Alternate winners will be chosen based on the next-largest number of Entrants available. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
In the event of a tie or multiple ties, Sponsor or its designated judges will select a winner among all winning Entrants with the same number of entries to the Contest to determine the prize winner. Sponsor or its designated judges will choose a winner upon reviewing the written statement Entrants provide explaining why their chosen Location should receive a prize, based on which Location they determine in their sole discretion best reflects the ideal location for a Free Fridge.
4. PRIZES/ODDS: There will be five (5) prizes (the “Prizes”) awarded during the Contest Period consisting of the following:
One (1) “Free Fridge” installed and operated for one (1) month at the winning Location at no cost to the Entrant or to the Location; valued at $3,000
Four (4) “Free Fridges” installed and operated for one (1) week at the winning Locations at no cost to the Entrant or to the Location; valued at $750 per winner.
Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes: $6,000. Winners will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Any Prize legitimately claimed will be awarded. No transfers, Prize substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Prize is non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prize. All state, federal, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the USA. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Location must be within the United States and in an area where Sponsor currently operates (the “Serviceable Area”) (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
- If the winning Location is in a Serviceable Area and has met all the requirements outlined in these Official Rules, pending any circumstances outside the reasonable control of Sponsor, Sponsor shall install and begin operating the Free Fridge within thirty (30) days of the date the winners are selected.
- Sponsor must receive written approval from the building manager or owner of Location and any food service providers with which the Location may have an exclusive contract (as applicable) permitting Sponsor to install, operate, repair, replace, and remove the Free Fridge during the agreed-upon period of operation. If such approval is not given within fifteen (15) days after the winners are selected (the “Approval Period”), Sponsor will have no obligation to place a Free Fridge at that winning Location.
- Locations must pass Sponsor’s site survey (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) which includes confirmation that the Free Fridge physically fits at the desired Location, and that there is a sufficient internet signal and a sufficient outlet for power to the Free Fridge. Sponsor must also be able to comply with all installation requirements, including but not limited to employee badging procedures.
- Sponsor reserves the right to remove the one (1) Free Fridge after one month of stocking if it does not hit a level of weekly sales acceptable to Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion, as well as the four (4) Free Fridges after one week of stocking.
- If, at any winning Location, all required approval is not given within the Approval Period, Sponsor will have no obligation to place a Free Fridge at that winning Location nor to provide any alternative prize or compensation.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/REQUIREMENTS: By entering, Entrant agrees to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify Sponsor, and its affiliates, contractors, directors, officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize awarded in the Contest, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury, death or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or merchandise delivery. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. By entering, Entrant further agrees that (a) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or any other materials associated with the Contest.
The winner will be required (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) to sign and return a claim form and an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of receipt or his/her Prize may be forfeited. In the event of noncompliance with any of the foregoing requirements, the Prize may be forfeited. All Prize claims, affidavits of eligibility and liability/publicity releases are subject to verification by Sponsor.
Entrants enter at their own risk and the Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for any condition caused by events beyond its control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify any person it believes has violated these Official Rules.
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest (except where prohibited by law), Entrants consent to the use of their names and/or any information contained in their entry in connection with promotion and marketing materials by Sponsor, and third-party marketing entities, without additional compensation, notification, review, or approval. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters related to this Contest, the interpretation of these Official Rules and awarding of the Prizes. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest. DO NOT call Sponsor as this Contest will not be discussed by phone, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. CHOICE OF LAW/VENUE. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in the State of Illinois, in the City of Chicago.
8. WINNER LIST: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Farmer’s Fridge Free Fridge Contest” Winner List, 2000 W. Fulton Street, F-310, Chicago, Illinois 60612. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months following the close of the Contest.
9. SPONSOR: Romaine Empire, Inc. (d/b/a Farmer’s Fridge), 2000 W. Fulton Street, F-310, Chicago, Illinois 60612.
Romaine Empire, Inc. (d/b/a Farmer’s Fridge), 2000 W. Fulton Street, F-310, Chicago, Illinois 60612.